BURWOOD VILLAGE MOTHER’S DAY SHOPPING SPREE PROMOTION – MAY 2023
1. Information on how to enter the promotion forms part of these Terms and Conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. The “Burwood Village Shopping Centre” means the shopping precinct known as Burwood Village Shopping Centre along Toorak Road and Warrigal Road in Camberwell, and the businesses participating are located within this precinct.
3. The Burwood Village Traders Association includes directors, employees, members or associates of any retailer at the Burwood Village Shopping Centre, including property owners and agents.
4. The Promoter is Burwood Village Traders Association (ABN 76 422 863 523) of PO Box 13, Burwood VIC 3125, and contactable at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. The competition commences at 6.00am (AEDST) Monday 24th April 2023 and closes at 11:59pm (AEDST) Friday 12th May 2023 (Entry Period).
HOW TO ENTER:
6. Entry is open to all residents of Victoria, Australia aged 18 years or older, except for
(a) directors, owners and employees of any Burwood Village business; and
(b) any member of the Burwood Village Traders Association;
and their immediate families (including spouse, parent, child or sibling, whether or not they live in the same house) and printers, suppliers, providers and agencies associated with this promotion are not eligible to enter.
7. To qualify for an entry into the competition, entrants must spend a minimum of $10 in a single transaction at any Burwood Village business during the Entry Period, upload the proof of purchase (receipt) and complete an entry form either online at www.burwoodvillage.com.au or in store.
The draw will take place at 12.00pm on Saturday 13th May 2023 in Burwood Village Shopping Centre.
The winner will be selected randomly from the entries. The winner must validate their entry by providing proof of purchase (receipt), dated within the Entry Period (any date between 6.00am Monday 24th April and 11:59pm (AEDST) Friday 12th May 2023).
The Promoter will choose the winner at its sole and unfettered discretion and no dialogue or correspondence will be entered into regarding its choice of winner.
8. Multiple entries are permitted.
9. Entries will be deemed to be accepted at the time of processing. No responsibility will be taken by the Promoter for lost or late entries.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who participates in a manner not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of the Promoter, engaged in conduct which is or may be fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promoter. This right continues after the drawing of the major prize and announcement of the winner.
11. The prize comprises $1500.00 in Burwood Village Shopping Dollars (not cash, not redeemable for cash, nor available for the purchase of prepaid credit cards).
12. The Burwood Village Shopping Spree will be conducted during a two-hour shopping period on a mutually agreeable date and time in May or June 2023. The winner will be accompanied by the Marketing Manager of the Burwood Village Shopping Centre, who will be responsible for making the payments to the traders. There is a requirement that at least 4 different traders form part of the shopping spree and no one particular trader is to receive more than $1000. Prizes, components of any prize or any unused portion of prize are not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
13. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered or sustained (even if caused by negligence) as a result of entering this competition, accepting and/or using a prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to request verification of age, identity, residential address of winner and any other information relevant to entry into or participation in this promotion. Verification is at the discretion of the Promoter, whose decision is final. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who is involved in any way in interfering with the conduct of this promotion. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered and the Promoter will be entitled to redraw the prize at its sole discretion.
15. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in the competition or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of the competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line of telephone, mobile satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
16. The Burwood Village Traders Association will notify the winner in writing after 12:00pm Saturday 13th May 2023 via email and by telephone. If the winner does not contact the Burwood Village Traders Association within 48 hours, then the Promotor will conduct a second chance draw. The second chance draw will take place 48 hours after the original winner is notified, at Burwood Village Shopping Centre in Camberwell.
17. All entrants must confirm and promise that their entry is original and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party.
18. The winner agrees to participate in any news media activities, be recorded on video whilst on the shopping spree and any other activity surrounding the promotion such as photographic shoots and interviews. Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter.
19. The prize winners name will also be published on www.burwoodvillage.com.au as well as Burwood Village Newsletters, Facebook, Instagram, You Tube and Twitter pages as well as other publications based in the local area.
20. Any decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the winners of the promotion.
21. If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupts or affects the administration security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to extend the duration of the promotion, subject to any law or direction of state lotteries authorities.
22. By entering this promotion, each entrant accepts full responsibility for the decision to participate in the promotion and take the prize should he/she be chosen as a winner. The winner releases the Promoter, its related bodies corporate, affiliates, officers, agents, employees, members, committee and suppliers (the “Released Parties”) from all liability, loss and damage of any kind arising out of or in connection with the acceptance of, and participation in, any prize. Without limiting the foregoing, the Released Parties will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
23. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information about entrants to enable them to participate in the promotion and for the distribution of prizes. Entrants’ personal information may be disclosed to state lotteries authorities and the winners names published under relevant lotteries legislation. Entrant information may also be disclosed to related bodies corporate or agencies of the Burwood Village Traders Association and/or to the supplier of any prize for the purpose of conducting the promotion and for the purpose of marketing, unless otherwise specified. The entrants’ personal details (address, phone number) shall not be disclosed other than in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. The prize winner agrees that during the period of involvement in any interviews, recordings or photo shoots, the winner will follow the reasonable directions of the representatives of the Promoter (or its agencies). The entrants email address will be collated by Burwood Village Traders Association into a database to inform entrants via e-newsletter of upcoming promotions and offers in Burwood Village Shopping Centre. Entrants may unsubscribe from these e-newsletters at any time after the Promotion concludes.
Entrants can access their personal information by contacting the Promoter at the address shown in Condition 4 above.
24. If the entrants’ contact or personal details change during the course of this promotion, it is the entrants’ responsibility to update those details with the Promoter by contacting the Promoter at the address shown in Condition 4 above.
25. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winning. Independent advice should be sought in this respect.