Burwood Village Kids Entrepreneur Market
After two hugely successful years, the Kids Entrepreneur Market is back again for the Burwood Village Autumn Fiesta on Saturday, May 4, 2019.
Budding young entrepreneurs aged between 8 and 16 years are invited to submit applications to take part. Selected stallholders will have three glorious hours to sell to a ready-made audience of festival-goers!
Best of all, it isn’t just the money to be made on the stalls – we also offer cash prizes of $350, $200 and $100 to outstanding business owners. Our business and marketing experts will come by to say hello, chat with you about your business and judge your stall based on:
- the initial impact of your business (first impressions count!)
- product presentation
- stall presentation
- your business plan
- customer feedback
The announcement of prizes will be made on the main stage at 4.45pm
‘We’re looking for kids with drive and initiative to have a go at kicking off a little business selling their own products or services. This is no run-of-the-mill garage sale, in fact there is no trash and treasure to be seen – these kids have some amazing business ideas’
Getting a stall at the Kids Entrepreneur Market
To apply for a stall at the Kids Entrepreneur Market, click here.
Application Timeline – 2019
- Applications in by March 21
- Announce April 4
- Payments due April 11
- Market May 4
Where – Myrniong Street in Burwood Village – off Toorak Road in Camberwell
Timing – Market runs from 1:00pm – 4:00pm, with setup from 12pm and dismantle 30 mins after
Cost – $20 per stall – payable on confirmation of booking
- First, this is not a trash and treasure market. You can’t just pack some old stuff in a box and sell it off (but recycled and re-purposed goods OK). You have to make something – or come up with a service you think people will pay for.
- Second, you can’t sell food or drinks. Unfortunately there are just too many regulations to make that possible.
- And finally – you need to be aged between 8 and 16 years to have a stall at the market. Individuals or teams of 2 can participate.
We’ll be selecting businesses based on great ideas, that will work together to give us a fantastic mix of stalls and market (not on a first in – first served basis). If we have multiple people wanting to sell the same thing, we’ll rely on the information on the application forms to help us choose – so tell us lots of details. We’ll also make sure there’s an even mix of ages, so if you’re a mini tycoon don’t worry – you won’t be competing against big kids for a spot.
Love to get involved but not sure what to do?
Arts & crafts, greeting cards, jewellery, hair accessories, costumes, candles, pictures, plants, fresh flower posies, woodwork, models, repurposed items. Please NO MORE applications for stalls selling slime – we already have more than enough of these 🙂
Face painting, babysitting, gardening, computer services, dog walking, kids’ party games / characters, coaching, pet feeding, hair braiding, music, singing, car washing.
You can have more than one product/service at your stall as long as everything fits on the 1.2 m table space.
Brainstorming ideas for stalls
- Lots of families come to the Festival – and when you think ‘families’ think: kids, pets, gardens, parties, holidays. What sort of things they might need or like to buy. What services could you provide?
- There’ll be loads of kids at the Festival and kids love shopping. What would they like (and be able to afford)?
- Do you have a hobby, sport, talent, second language? Can you turn that into a little business?
- What about teaming up with a couple of friends or a sibling to come up with something fun?
- Are you creative? What could you make? Are you great with technology?
- Can someone in your family show you how to make something great?
- Can you re-purpose something you already have at home into something special?
- Still need more ideas? Have a look on the internet – there are loads of ideas to inspire
What are you waiting for? Apply now! Click here to register